Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Speaker cabinet re-covering

In article ,
dave wrote:
Anyone know a good site to learn how to re-cover a speaker enclosure
(and maybe where to get the fabric etc to do it)? I spent ages googling
etc but found nothing detailed enough. I would like to re-cover a large
300W bass speaker enclosure.

Do you mean the fabric covering the front of the speaker or the actual box?

This should help, though.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?...enu=y&doy=26m3

For a bass bin grille some form of expanded metal might be more suitable
since it's more for protection than quality. For the outside you could use
anything - but leatherette is probably the best bet.

--
*A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.