Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.

Default Wierd Smell From Oil Furnace

Mo Hoaner wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
"Bubba " wrote:

---------SNIP---------

Bull****. NO Company does a COMPLETE cleaning, COMPLETE combustion
efficiency testing, filter and nozzle change for $110. If they do they
are losing money.

Yes, they probably are. Since they also sell oil I would assume they
price the service low as a loss leader of sorts. At any rate that's what
it cost and they did indeed do all the tasks listed as I was about 20'
away doing some plumbing work at the time so I know exactly what they
did.

THAT explains it all. They will make it up somehow. They would prefer to
have their customer's furnaces operating safely, although, maybe not at top
efficiency.
They price their services such that you'll go to them, rather than paying
the full shot to a tech who has no motivation other than doing it right. A
little less money now, more oil sold over time.....

Pete C.

They also had the best oil prices in the area so they were not price
gouging on that end either.

Pete C.