Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht

Default Wierd Smell From Oil Furnace

Bubba ReMoVe wrote:

-snip-
Bull****. NO Company does a COMPLETE cleaning, COMPLETE combustion
efficiency testing, filter and nozzle change for $110. If they do they
are losing money.

-snip-

So what would *you* get? Let's say a 25 yr old oil burner- hot air-
complete tuneup.

And where are you? If you're anywhere near Schenectady, NY I'm due
for a good cleaning. I'd like to see your work.

I've been here 20 yrs and have always had the same outfit clean and
tune my furnace every other year. The past 2 times they did such a
lousy job I had to reset the ignitor by eye after one trip and fix a
leak they created the next. I won't be calling them again.

Jim