Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Default CPVC leak seals itself?

JPB wrote:
On 25 Mar 2006 19:43:23 -0800, wrote:

Get the home warranty. Confirm it will cover ALL costs of leak. Rotted
floor etc.

Yeah leaks do fix themselves, sometimes from temperature, but probably
most often a bit of dirt plugs te leak. I have seen it happen..

home warranty can be useful for other things but demand one with low or
no deductible

did you use a home inspector?

they tend to be a owners nightmare but a buyers best friend running the
price down.

since your a buyer its in your best interest

Thanks for the information. They've been acting a little strange (claiming
they weren't in town when they really were), so I was sensitive to this and
thought they may be trying to pull a fast one. Then again, it could be
miscommunication between them, their agent, my agent, and me.

I did get an inspection and the leak was the main problem. There are a few
drainage issues that will be fixed by routing the downspouts farther away
from the house. Also, a weekend and a few dozen tubes of caulk are needed.
That's about it.

I feel better about the leak. Thanks.

I have had them seal by themselves even under pressure if the drip is
slow enough. Some of the water evaporates and leaves residue behind.

The warranty sounds the best deal. If the leak is all that concerns
you, $500 sounds nice too. Even calling in a plumbe shouldn't run
anywhere near that to fix the leak and patch whatever hole he cuts.

Harry K