Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default Stucco interior wall

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:54:16 -0500, "miamicuse"
wrote:

This house was built in 1964. The interior walls are all wood panels. They
told me behind the panels are stucco walls with lathe, I am familiar with
wood studs and drywall sheets, but back in 1964 they did not have that.

So what is really behind those stucco wall? If I need to route cat5, or RG6
or electrical wirings I know what I can do with drywall and studs, what does
one do with this type of walls? If I need to hang shelves is there any firm
solid backing in the back to attach things to? There is no studs at all?

Thanks,

MC

This is most likely what your wall looks like inside. Many older in
Florida had plaster walls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lath_and_plaster

Oren

excused from saving Universes."