Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default Triple-pane vs. Double-pane windows in SIPS home

How much glass area do you have planned, you go apx from R 3.5 to R 5
with tripple pane, windows are your weak point. You can also add 1-3 R
with Cellular shades and curtains. What is frame material I hope not
aluminum. You have one thing to consider even more important then
tripple pane its Cdf or condensing factor. Pella are poor in Cdf and
with sips higher humidity they will condense. They do in my house
continualy without ever using a dehumidifier. Read an old Consumer
Reports test of apx 23 windows, go to Energy Star, I dont know of what
site you are refering to on your rating. Are you aware there are
different LowE coatings for southern and northern designs.