Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Mark

Default My Fein MultiMaster impression.

Love my Multimaster also. Wait till you use it to remove grout. Get the
diamond blade, and it's like a hot knife going through butter....well,
almost. Did a great job on the grout.

Mark

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Sorry, I don't do impressions... barump

Seriously, what a tool. Now that I finally have my own, with new blades
and stuff, I can't imagine a proper installation toolkit without one.

I had to remove a section of 8" high 1" thick baseboard. Tile ran down
on top of the baseboard from above and tile was laid up against it on
the floor.

No problem. A couple of pencil lines drawn with my square and freehanded
a few straight insertions of the 'e-blade'... a 0.5mm kerf and it cut
like butter. Truly effortless. I cannot imagine any other way to do this
cut as quickly and as cleanly as this tool let me do it.

Besides this little excursion, the next relatively small job I have
scheduled ( The re and re of a couple of 8' tall T'nG boards) and the
thing is paid for. Then I have a couple of tiles to replace on my
kitchen floor (don't ask) and a couple of louvred shutters to sand and
paint. This Multimaster Top hooks up to my Fein Turbo II vacuum as
well...

I know the purchase of a tool like this hurts, but the pain turns into
pleasure pretty quick. My apprehension stemmed largely from my encounter
with the Porter Cable Profile sander, which was a complete waste of
money and should have resulted into a class action suit AFAIAC.

I bought the Fein from David Eisan at Federated Tool in London, ON and
picked up another Hitachi M12V while I was there because I really like
that router and Hitachi is rumoured to be discontinuing it soon... oh..
and a Delta planer. *gloaty-smirk*.
That oughtta teach me to go to that store..it is FAR more dangerous
there than Lee Valley.

No affiliations with any aforementioned companies.. just a happy
customer. Fein RULES!