Posted to alt.home.repair
Muff

Default Maximum length for a hot water run

Do a google search for hot water recirc pump.
It is located under the sink and the hot and cold pipes are tied together
with a check valve between them. The pump slowly circulates the hot water
through the pipes and you have instant hot water at the sink. the check
valve prevents the cold system to become hot.
My hot water heater is about 90 feet away from my master bath and the system
works great.
For a plumber to do the work cost is about $1200 but doing a google search
can buy the pump for around $350 and hook it up yourself if you are handy.
Muff

"newsgroups.comcast.net" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking into installing another bathroom (toilet, 2 sinks, shower, and
tub) that will be about 55 feet horizontally, and 8 feet vertically, from

my
water heater (I've got a 60-gallon indirect water heater). Is that too far
to run a hot water line? If it is, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Shapp