Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland

Default Google Earth

John, what are you doing here?

J. Clarke wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:

According to Lew Hartswick :
I've seen several of you have mentioned this and I
have a need to locate a house in AZ so thought I'd
try it. Phew! an 11+ meg download on a 33K dialup.
Now I have some pgm but it dosent "run" just
keeps trying to install again when I try to run it.
Next went to the home page and tried to register
usin exactly the required "alpha numeric" characters
but it keeps replying "only alpha numeric characters
in the user name" . I am da--it.! So I can't even
on their BB how to get it to run.

At least, you are presumably using a system which they
*support*. I just went to look at their site, and it says the
following;

OS: Windows 2000, XP, or Mac OS X (10.3.9 +)

For someone who will not let a Windows system touch the outside net, and
who has only unix systems which he *will* allow to touch the net, the
only option seems to be to pick up a Mac for this sort of thing. And
I'm *not* that thrilled with even the idea of a Mac -- even though it
does have a unix underpinning these days.

I think you're being excessively paranoid about Windows. What do you think
will happen if you "let a Windows system touch the outside net"?