Posted to alt.home.repair
wxman

Default Kenmore fridge...can't install new filter!

Hello...

We just bought a Kenmore fridge a few months ago...model 106.56532400.
It was time to replace the filter, so I bought the correct one, pulled
out the old filter, and tried to install the new one. It would go in
only so far...the valves on the end of the filter would not engage. I
double-checked...this is the correct filter, I was putting it in the
correct way, and we had a similar fridge in the past so I was familiar
with replacing these. I couldn't even put the old filter back in...it
went in as far as the other one. Very strange!

Anyone hear of something like this happening, and have any idea of a
solution? I'd rather not call out service for something this stupid...