Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Small engine help

Sacramento Dave wrote:
the engine on my lawn edger has started pulsating. the RPM's go high
and low. It has been sitting for awhile, but I do put gas saver in my
gas before winter. The edger is about a year old, If I hold the
throttle linkage it runs smooth, the linkage move when running. Any
suggestions?

I would look for some sort of air leak, a loose screw or two (on the
edger, not you). I doubt if it was the gas, but it is possible that it has
gummed something up inside. If so since you can get it running, it should
clear out after a few more uses. Next year try to let it run dry after the
last use and dump the old gas in the your car's tank (unless it is a
diesel.) Even if you normally mix oil in it, it will not hurt the car.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit