Keith Marshall

Default English Wheel- I'm confused

Can't help you with the wheel but I think the edge you're talking about is
called a "wired edge" where you roll the edge around a wire. This link
gives an explanation:

http://www.driveonline.com/html/experts_covell6.html

Search for the word "wire" on that page and you'll see where someone asked
how to do a wired edge followed by instructions from Ron Covell.

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"BP" wrote in message
Got a small wheel and have been playing with it to learn. Smooths out
pounded metal very nicely. My question is this. When I run flat sheet
metal north-south through the wheel, I was expecting it to curve in the
east-west direction. However, it curved north soouth. Obviously I'm
confused about the direction the wheel stretches the metal. Am I doing
something wrong or is this correct? ( I can't see any other way to do

it )
. Could anyone explain this to me?

A second question also. What is it called and how do you do it - fold

over
the edge of the sheet metal to form a rolled over edge that exposes a
rounded smooth surface?

Thanks

Barry