Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan

Default AIWA mini system cassette problem

I'm having a problem with my AIWA NSX-AJ50 mini-system (@2000). When
I tried to use the cassette deck to record a CD (the cassette deck has
hardly ever been used). It didn't appear to be moving. I stopped it,
but it wouldn't allow the door to open to release the cassette. I was
eventually able to open the door with no apparent? damage. I tried
the pwr+CLEAR method to clear the system as suggested in the manual -
didn't work. What's happening now is when I power on, the cassette
roller carraige rises as if to play/record a cassette (whether or not
one is in). It then clicks about 6 times and stops. The carriage
stays in the up position. (I can push it back down.) Both cassette
bays are out of business due to this, plus the annoying clicking. Any
ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.