Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

Default ESR meter.. Where to buy what to get.

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
I'm still advocating the Dick Smith one, designed by Bob Parker of
Australia, who pops up on here regularly. It's generally known by the
name " Genie ". It's available virtually worldwide, in kit form or
ready built, at a VERY reasonable price. It has a digital display, auto
zero, auto off, is uP controlled, has a table of typical values to be
expected, legended on the front, auto ranging, large clear 7 seg LEDs
for the readout, and is quick, easy and unambiguous to use. I have been
using mine almost daily in a hostile commercial workshop environment
for about 3 years now, and it has never let me down. It paid for itself
in saved time, in the first week.

There are many available, but few that cost so little, but do the job so
well. I would recommend this meter, unreservedly.

There's also the great satisfaction of building your own test gear. Makes
me think I should be able to use it properly. ;-)

--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.