Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Virginia Pine?

I am building a log cabin on an old family farm and trying to select
which trees to cut. We have a lot of Virginia Pines also known around
here as Black Pines. From what I can tell the trees tend to get about
one to one-half foot in diameter or so and fall over.. As we have
quite a few around the property that seem to be leaning or ready to
come down, they seemed to be the ideal choice for the cabin without
impacting the rest of the woods much. Anyone have any input about the
suitability of these for a log cabin or bulding in general?