Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vaughn Simon

Default Electrical Question

"Clif Holland" wrote in message
news:RgLUf.15556$bu.7210@trnddc04...

Other ideas?????

Yep! I would purchase a 110/24 volt transformer with sufficient current
capacity on the 24 volt side to handle the current for your motor. Connect the
primary of the transformer to 110 VAC and then connect the 24-volt secondary so
that it "bucks" the 90 volts from your controller. The result will be plenty
close enough to 60 volts.

i just solved a nasty problem with a 208 volt UPS (fed from 230 volts) the
same way. There are several companies who will happily sell you a special
'buck/boost" transformer, but in your case I think a simple,cheap 24 volt unit
will do the job nicely.

Vaughn WB4UHB