Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Britains' oldest boiler..

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
A 90% plus condensing boiler will drop your bills ~40% over an old
cast-iron job. If it is only £5 a month then you don't use much gas.
Or the system has been poorly installed.

This is, as usual, total crap from dribble.

My brother had a BF BE floorstander with cast iron heat exchanger replaced
by a condenser after BG said they couldn't maintain it anymore under their
service contract. 18% saving in gas costs - and take my word for it he
knows how to work these things out accurately.

The replacement breaks down at least twice a year. And is broken at this
moment leaving them with no heating or hot water for 4 days - really
useful in the NE of Scotland.

Of course if it stays broken this could well make the gas saving of 40%
that dribble says.

--
*Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.