Matt Helliwell

Default Dust Extraction for small workshop

Bit of a common topic I know but I could do with some specific
recommendations. I've got a small workshop (about 3mx4m) at the back of
the garden and I need to improve the dust extraction. Currently I've got
an old Vax which isn't up to the task.

Now is there any reason I can't vent the dust straight outside rather
than messing around with bags and filters? I'd have to open the windows
to let in clean air but as its not heated I could live with that. Also,
I don't think the dust would get in anybody's way either.

If this plan is workable, what sort of dust sucky thing do I need? Most
of the dust is from routing, light sanding and the radial arm saw. Noise
isn't a huge concern, but price, of course, is.

Thanks

--
Matt Helliwell
www.helliwell.me.uk