Posted to uk.d-i-y
john2

Default Britains' oldest boiler..

wrote:
tarquinlinbin wrote:

Non of yer new fangled condensing malarky here. I even spotted a relay
valve and weepline stat on one of them!.

http://www.oldestboiler.co.uk/

view the pdf book.

I assume theyre trying to soften customers up for a new boiler. Putting
a 17 yr old boiler in there is simply daft.

And they dont seem to have done their research too good, I could have
pointed them to a 1930s boiler still in use, and I'm not in the trade.
Mind you I suspect people still running ancients are in no rush to draw
attention ot the fact.

If I were to sign up to a contract from Powergen, they would take my
money in a hurry, say my 30 yr+ Glowworm couldn't be repaired at the
first hint of a problem, then charge £2000+ to install a completely new
but unreliable one.
Granted that the new one is more energy efficient, it could take 10yrs
to recoupe the outlay, after allowing for an essential service contract
in the meantime.
So until the old boiler becomes unrepairable, or I move house, it is
definitely staying there.

john2