Posted to rec.woodworking
Scorp

Default Good Book for Beginners Wanted

On 24 Mar 2006 07:12:17 -0800, wrote:

I live in an area of the UK where unless you are unemployed it's
impossible to join a college course in woodwork. So I thought if I
can't get on a course, I'll try and learn it from a book. So, to my
point, does anyone have a good book that outlines the basics of
woodworking, from tool selection and use through jointing and
finishing? I have tried my local bookshop but they are very limited in
selection and the magazines assume prior knowledge or at least a
certain level of competency in the subject.

Bear in mind that I have never studied woodworking so this will be a
first for me.

Library.

Steve Jensen
Abbotsford B.C.