Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Google Earth

The database is a massive collection of survey maps, custom maps, University maps -
areas of major universities - very high resolution - some houses I have lived in
are good some fair this one is just outside of a high res university zone - and oilfield
so it is fuzzy. Typically 10,000 ft, 30,000 but some places have 100 feet.
I can see people on the crosswalks and types of cars. But here - I see a fuzz ball
for the house.

Wonder how long will it take to update just the U.S.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Randy Replogle wrote:
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:07:39 -0600, "David Courtney"
wrote:

It only took 3 minutes to download and install it on my computer, but
the resolution is nowhere near good enough to pick out an individual house
(at least not any of the houses I tried to find).
David

Some areas have better resolution than others.
Randy Replogle