Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Rear mirror glue

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:05:43 GMT, Guy King
wrote:

The message
from asalcedo contains these words:

What is the best way to fix the mirror back to the windshield? Is there
a special type of "glass" glue?

I've tried many over the years, and the one that I've stuck with (Ha ha)
is the Loctite one which comes with a small tube of glue and a plastic
mesh which contains the catalyst. Works every time and, so far, has
never dropped off again.

Tip: Warm the screen locally with a warm hot water bottle on the outside
of the screen. Goes off quicker.

Ive used a similar product but not the Loctite one .Similar
product...small bottle of glue and a piece of mesh .....Forget the
sticky pads .Worse than useless in my experience ..

Stuart