Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry

Default Running Electric, Phone and Television lines

wrote in message
oups.com...
Gee I THOUGHT I read somehere that low voltage cable like doorbell wire
wasnt allowed to be ran alongside power lines.

learn something new every day

I think you are referring to situations where people run the low voltage
cables (telephone, computer, door bell, intercom, alarm systems etc.)
through, say, the same holes in joists as the electrical wiring etc,.
So in that case they are alongside, in parallel and in contact with the
insulated electric wires.
Usually doesn't cause a problem but it's not good practice? Separate holes
and separation of at least a few inches is wiser.