Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim

Default Multiple Circuit Junction Box

I was just reading some of the older messages regarding having more
than one circuit splice in a single junction box.

There is obviously the potential for someone to be injured if they
believe only one circuit is involved.

I have a couple of junction boxes where I've got more than a single
circuit spliced.
I've solved the problem for myself (Poor memory after a few years) by
using a self adhesive plastic label holder. The kind found in office
supply stores for use on binders.

They're 1" by 3 1/2" and I just list the 2 circuit breakers involved
and stick it on the junction box.

These will remain in place forever and a day and I'm not concerned
about the next guy to work on that box. Including myself when I've
forgotten why I installed the box to begin with.

e.g.

2 circuits in box
Breaker #'s 4 & 5 (Tie barred) and # 26