Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber

Default Sony KV-24FV300 shuts down.

"David Farber" wrote in message
This Sony KV-24FV300 powers up for about a second, then shuts down. The
front panel l.e.d. shows a blink code of two blinks. According to some
older information on the web, the two blinks indicate a B+ over current
protection. I cannot find any shorts in the set. Flyback and H.O.T. ring

ok.
Does anyone know of any common faults with this set?

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

After further investigation, I've come up with the following observations.

With all plugs and boards attached, the set powers up and about a second
later my AC line current measurement spikes to over 2 amps and the set shuts
down.

Removal of the deflection yoke plug does not change the situation. Set still
shuts down.

With the HOT removed, and everything else plugged in, the set powers up, the
135 volt supply is normal, and it doesn't shut down. The drive signal to the
base of the removed HOT is a nice sawtooth, about 6 V p-p. The blink code
changes to four blinks which I believe means no vertical deflection.

So my question is, can a bad flyback suck a lot of current even though the
deflection yoke plug is not attached?

Thanks for your reply.