PoP

Default New Electrical Regs

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:32:16 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

The following are MY interpretation - I may be wrong, but I have
(tried to....) read the new regs gumph.

He (inspector) believes that under the new regs adding a spur will require a
certificate. But he would say that of course.

That's my understanding too.

He also said that the way things are written for the new regs then you can
change a light fiting without a problem but you would need a certificate to
change a pendant to several downlighters.

Nearly right. If the light fitting is in a bathroom or kitchen then a
certificate will be required. Any electrical work in said rooms must
be certificated.

We will have to see what ******** the legislation makes.

It has already made round spherical objects.

I am sure that the inspector did not find his NIC card in a
cornflakes packet.

I'm sure your inspector is one of the good guys. However some of the
work I've had to get involved in was presumably carried out by a
qualified tradesman aka a NIC card holder. And I can say for sure that
the card is meaningless in terms of advising whether you are good or
bad at the job, it just means that you managed to get a NIC card.

PoP