Posted to misc.consumers.house
WDS

Default Stopping a thief

Gene wrote:
On 22 Mar 2006 10:09:22 -0800, "WDS" wrote:

Nano wrote:
I started a ledger with certain items listed, and would check them off each
day. Mainly what would come up missing would be canned goods, and treats.

I agree a camera is the best bet but when I saw that I immediately
thought of a trick we played on a roommate in college. Did you know
that tuna fish cans and cat food cans are almost exactly the same size
and that labels come off pretty easily?

Not a good one (In truth) as the smell alone would be a dead
giveaway...

Yes, I have cats and eat lots of tunafish...

That's what we thought BUT we actually had to intervene to prevent our
roommate from eating the stuff. He looked at it funny when he opened
the can and even sniffed it but then he prepared to chow down. Bleh!