Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default Good Book for Beginners Wanted

wrote in message
can't get on a course, I'll try and learn it from a book. So, to my
point, does anyone have a good book that outlines the basics of

You're not going to find a single book to give you all the information you'd
need. Most professional woodworkers got into the trade by building stuff for
themselves and then branching out. I'd suggest you start off similarly, take
a few hand tools and build something small for yourself. Find stuff you want
to build and look up information on how to build those specific items. After
you gain a measure of skill, you'll be much more knowledgeable in buying
better quality tools and have a better idea of what kinds of tools you do
need.

If there's no affordable woodworking courses in your area, then find a
woodworking club or even get a few of your buddies together who do
woodworking. You'll learn lots that way and find out what kinds of tools
those people have and use. That would be my best suggestion.