Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Default Request for material recommendation for cam and roller follower with high contact stress

Gunner just recently got a flame-spray thingy, that technology might help.
Stellite is a bitch but it's like a layer of carbide. All things
concidered, the design is the problem. If you can't win the game
easily...change the rules!

"John2005" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies guys,

I will check into the Stellite material for the cam and see if it can
work and if it is cost effective to use. I was hoping to find somthing
that's not to exotic or hard to work with.

I cannot use a McGill cam follower becasue they don't make them with a
3/16" OD and I can't use a standard cam follower, I need to use the
method described above.

Regarding F. McDuffee's suggestion about the laminated cam, how does
this help with contact stress issues ?

Thanks again,
John