Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

Default Sony GDM-F520 Monitor - Strange Blur Problem

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:14:20 GMT, "Scrim" wrote:

Thanks Andy, that's very helpful.
My F520 has "Image Restoration", which I think must be the "color return
feature" you describe?

That's the feature I'm thinking of, but for some reason it doesn't
work (well) on a lot of the 21" monitors. For some reason it works
fine on the same age 19" monitors. They fixed it on the later 21",
bit I think the F520 was made before they fixed it.

If it works it really will restore the correct brightness and
grayscale. I've seen monitors that were so far out of adjustment that
they were scrapped. Simply running the image restore made them look
like new.
Andy Cuffe