Posted to uk.d-i-y
tarquinlinbin

Default Britains' oldest boiler..

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:00:37 GMT, Bob Martin
wrote:

in 514315 20060324 081814 tarquinlinbin wrote:
Non of yer new fangled condensing malarky here. I even spotted a relay
valve and weepline stat on one of them!.

http://www.oldestboiler.co.uk/

view the pdf book.

These all look incredibly modern compared to the boiler in my house when
I moved in (1969). It was oil, which was dripped into a round dish and burned
with a swan-neck pipe blowing air into the centre of the dish. It packed up
about 3 weeks later.

Wow that does sound crude. The fore runner to the forced draught
burner perhaps?