Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default On oils and waxes

"Prometheus" wrote in message

I know, and that's likely the case with most of us- I just notice a
strong trend (stronger in the Wreck than here) towards the idea that
anything but an ancient food-safe oil is bad news. The whole deal is
sort of tounge-in-cheek, as I've been guilty myself of falling into
the same groove of thinking of the "right" and "wrong" ways of
finishing things. I'm just playing devil's advocate, and figured I'd
put in a plug for staining and polyurethane, as they are so often
villified.

What you said!?!?!?!?!

Shame on you. We know that polyurethane is the spit of the devil over on
the rec. I use it all the time. Got the second coat of it on the duckling
in passing after visiting a friend in the hospital this afternoon. Still
ugly, but I have to remember that, save my excellent taste in women - she
keeps telling me that - I am not the Lady Astor of the woodworking set.
What I like is simply what I like.

Maybe I'll take a picture of him if I dig out the camera tomorrow. My day
with the daughter for breakfast and shopping, but I'll do some wood later
on.