Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Turning a flat roof into a deck?

On 23 Mar 2006 11:54:09 -0800, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

If you take a look at this pictu

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/exterior.jpg

This house has a flat roof. The current owner uses drop ceiling in
many places so that he can route wiring, AC ducts and electrical and
lighting outlets through the roof. I don't like panelled drop ceiling
so if I get this house I will be removing them.

Which means I will have to find another way to route wires and ducts on
top. The roof has very little room a few inches with insulation that's

This does not follow. If you have the available headroom, you could
just as easily take down the drop-ceiling, and build a sheetrock
ceiling at the same height.

But if you want to make the roof walkable, don't like the ceiling,
and hate the mis-named "mansard" bit, then by the time you fix
everything peicemeal, you'll be better off just taking the
whole roof off and building what you want.