Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Caulk problem in tub

We are getting a leak where our tub meets our tile. I removed all of
the old caulk and recaulked it using siliconized acrylic (supposedly
the best, MAX 5000 or something, at Sears). After a few weeks, I
noticed that the caulking had cracked and it was now worse than before.
I redid the entire process, making sure that I got rid of all the old
caulk, and then recaulked again. I waited about 14-18 hours before
using the shower. But now, after just a week, I see cracks again in the
caulk. Am I doing something wrong? This was new caulk. Should I get a
different kind? Any help would be greatly appeciated. Thanks!

Jeff