Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry

Default Running wires...

"Bud--" wrote in message
.. .
No wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks for the advise, I think you guys have convinced me to stay away
from this solution and go with the sleeve! Although, one question that
I have from the previous reply: you said to never run a plastic coded
cord through a wall, is that true in the case of power cords for TV's
and computers and things like component cables for DVD players etc..?
Thanks,
Dan

I have to agree with;
"Power cords should never be run through walls, floors, ceilings, drop
ceilings etc."

Note the point being 'power cords'; in this case being the wiring to devices
that can be plugged in to a source of AC voltage (typically in North America
that's 115 volts from a wall outlet; in Europe and elsewhere, perhaps 230
volts).

includes phone, loudspeaker, cable, doorbell and various computer signal
cables. These can be run through walls, floors, etc. "Lamp cord" can be
used for these low voltage runs.