Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robin S.

Default Fixture/Tooling Plates

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
With a recent addition of a mill with a PERFECT table, I now am
considering what to put on it so it stays that way.

Is the tabled hardened? We had mills at school made of soft cast iron, and
others of the hard (not sure exactly which alloy). The ones with the hard
tables virtually never got dented or scratched.

I agree with the others though. A tooling plate just to prevent mistakes is
like having training wheels on a bike. Learn how to use a 6" rule and you
shouldn't have issues with machining/drilling the table.

Regards,

Robin