Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim_in_sussex

Default Part P (again)

Andy Hall wrote:
On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:14:28 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Tony Bryer wrote:

"It has been drawn to our intention that some local authorities

Gosh, I didn't realise that Two Jags actually writes this stuff himself...

David

That would be impossible....

Behind 2 jags' fine words, what does the circular really mean?

Clearly it says the LA can't require you to either supply an 'official
certificate' nor pay the expense of a a 3rd party inpecting the work.

But can it have different tariiffs for applications which are entirely
non-part Pee as opposed to those which include some or are exclusively
part Pee, which SFAIUI is the other aspect of the grouse?

And there is another issue: SFAIUI a B Regs application is confidential
between the applicant & the LA. Some work could involve novel
solutions (theoretical or practical - including calculation and
computer programming [& not to mention help ex such as uk.d-i-y ]).
Can it send in a non-LA inspector & thus force me to disclose those
solutions FOC?