Posted to uk.d-i-y
CampinGazz

Default BES ...Incomplete Order

"Mike Halmarack" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:51:43 +0000, Stuart
wrote:

I placed an order yesterday with BES as one item I needed ...a 15-10mm
soder ring reducer ...is something that Screwfix do not stock .

Why don't these companies have their stock linked to their websites in
real time so that items that are out of stock are shown as such

they all do it, ordered some stuff from screwfix the other week, a 25 meter
coil of speed fit pipe and a load of speed fit fittings,
box arives the next day, big enough to have the coil of pipe in it, but when
i opens it no pipe, all the fittings and that, in a box 50 times larger than
needed for waht was in it,

the courier had mentioned a 2nd part to the order, but nothing on the
reciept showed this, phones screwfix up and they split the order up for some
reason or other, the coil of pipe will be iwth me in 2 days time,

nice, i can only assume that translates to them being out of stock for the
pipe, because anyone seeing an order for pipe and fittings will know the
pipe can be run in and the fittings added later, but fittings are no good
without the pipe, so if they split the order for any other reason, then got
it arse backwards.