Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default sale of immersion heater elements - new regs??

In article .com,
wrote:
Needing a replacement element, I was somewhat surprised to be told
by a TLC outlet (A!) that they don't stock immersion heater elements
as it is illegal for A1 to sell them & they must be fitted by
registered plumbers.

Did you upset the assistant?

If I did, it happenend within the first microsecond I was at the
counter. No, I walked in with the old one because I wasn't sure how you
measure the length (turns out it is the total length under water,
excluding the cap etc) & there didn't appear to be an exact 1:1
replacement in the TLC catalog. Placed it on the counter & without a
word from me was immediately informed as stated.

He must having had a bad day, or something. B&Q etc still sell immersion
heaters.

But by your above statement it still looks like you upset the counter
assistant.

--
*If you don't like the news, go out and make some.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.