Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Stanton

Default sale of immersion heater elements - new regs??

If I did, it happenend within the first microsecond I was at the
counter. No, I walked in with the old one because I wasn't sure how
you measure the length (turns out it is the total length under water,
excluding the cap etc) & there didn't appear to be an exact 1:1
replacement in the TLC catalog. Placed it on the counter & without a
word from me was immediately informed as stated.

As to see the written notice of that. Should cause a bit of a stir.

Dave