Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs

Default Can someone recommend a electric lawn mower

In article ,
lid (Hogwild) wrote:

Generally the more amps the better, that will give it some thick grass
Some have a "deadmans switch" (you're not dead yet - LOL) to
stop the blade immediately when the power handle is released. These
can be a pain but add some safety.

I believe a motor/engine "kill" switch or blade brake/clutch has been REQUIRED
on all powered mowers for years.

After 17-years with a (bought new) Toro with blade brake/clutch, I am now into
my fifth or sixth season with a similarly-equipped Honda mower. I have never
been inclined to defeat or override the safety feature. However, if I had to
use a gas-powered mower with a simple KILL switch (having to REstart it each
time I released the handle), I might be inclined to defeat the damned thing.
--

JR