Posted to alt.home.repair
ronm

Default Can someone recommend a electric lawn mower

I have the B&D corded electric. I have had no problems with it in 5 years. I
also dontt have too much to cut. Next time I may go for the battery . One
thing to consider with a corded mower. Depends on where your exterior
outlets are and how many obstacles you have to go around, i.e trees, shrubs,
pool etc. Its ok if you don't have to backtrack, but if you do you'll end up
cutting the cord a few times if youre a slow learner like me,

"Lena" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got a battery powered 19" Black & Decker mower. It is heavy due to
the batteries, but if there are no hills or steps to worry about, no
problem. It only has the capacity to cut about 3000 square feet before
running out of pep. (Maybe I'm due for a new set of rechargeables).
Expensive when new (abt $400), but I got mine at a B&D 'Outlet" for
half that, supposedly reconditioned, but it was like new. Had it for
three seasons and happy with it. But due to the amount of plastic on
it, I don't think it will outlast my Toro corded electric that I used
for 25 years.

Lena