Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

Default Fixture/Tooling Plates

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
With a recent addition of a mill with a PERFECT table, I now am
considering what to put on it so it stays that way.

What do you prefer for a fixture/tooling plate and how do you like to
prepare them? Holes? T-slots? How thick? What material? Shop made or
commercial?

And remember, a mill table is terrible thing to waste.... ;)

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

TMT

In my opinion, milling machines are like trucks. I bought it to do a job. I
know it's going to get scratched up, and that's ok. Covers and plates just
get in the way, and add to inaccuracies. The only way I'd put a plate on a
mill as a permanent fixture is if the mill was only bought for one job, and
it would never run anything else.