Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Asberry

Default OT - windshield wiper blade refills?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:40:47 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if I pay more for refills if the blades would last any
longer. I live in the Seattle area, and the $2.99 wiper refills are barely
lasting through one winter anymore. OTOH these are the only wiper refills I can
find, the more expensive things involve selling you new arms as well, so it
isn't clear what you're paying for.

Any opinions? Hard information?

thx ..

GWE

I agree with Rex on name brand (Anco/Trico) stuff. I was at a friends
shop in Gunnison,CO two years ago. I needed blades. He put on what he
called snow blades.They have a rubber sleeve over the whole blade
assembly. They are about ready for replacement but I'm impressed by
how long they lasted here in the Texas sun.