Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Mystery metal

I understand the really hot ones - why I didn't get them- were the deck mounted
Binocs on board during WWII. The Captains and near - would be able to see better
with the radioactive lenses. I wonder how many paid the price with brain tumors.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Martin H. Eastburn :

Sounds like a survey around here is overdue.

One thing I did test was the Naval bronze Port holes from a ship that was
at Bikini - It was rather clean as I recall. I'll have to make a table and
check out the odd ball stuff - Telescope and camera lenses - rare earth -

I know that some of the lenses used in the manufacture of the
Starlight Scopes (Night Vision scopes) for the Army were mildly
radioactive.

Enjoy,
DoN.