Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eide

Default OT - Boat Transport

Mike,

Contact Brownell in Mattapoisett, MA. They are experts in moving all kind of
boats to all kinds of places. (They also manufacture boat trailers used in
boatyards and jackstands too.)
http://www.brownellsystems.com

Eide

"Mike" wrote in message
.. .
This is off-topic, but this group is full of about the most knowledgeable
people I have ever seen - and it does invlove moving a large object full
of mechanical parts so........

I need to ship a 23 foot powerboat across the country, from New Hampshire
to Oregon. The boat is on a trailer, but I would prefer to have it trucked
or rail shipped. Anyone with any recommendations, hints, or places to
avoid? Any ball park of what this might cost? If it's much over $2000 I
will probably just bag the idea. I have googled "boat transport", but I'm
more interested in "real world" experiences.

thanks in advance,

Mike