geoff merryweather

Default Every wanted to see a Chinese production facility?

On 19 Oct 2003 21:38:09 -0700, (bg) wrote:

The price or quality. This leads one to believe that we are not doing
a good job. I have always known we havent. In 1990 i visited the
leipzig fair right after the wall came down during the elections. Not
one American company was exhibiting. I called on the doc in washington
upon my return and asked a man, "what do you do there? we had no
representation at all, while the rest of the world did.". He replied
that we are improving and trying to do a better job. I nearly laughed
at him (only 27 at the time and too embarrassed to do so).

In my experience from dealing with US companies through work - they
are terrible at dealing with overseas customers and exports. Many are
very insular and are only concerned with the US market, never reply to
inquiries are to expensive anyway.
On the other hand, our motor supplier in Taiwan replies within 24
hours, ships immediately are very helpful, despite what are (by their
standards) small quantities.
Geoff