Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob

Default Remove electrical box?

';'%?PF ;/l. wrote:
I have several rooms where the light switch controls a wall socket
instead of a ceiling fixture. I would like to have the wall switch
control a ceiling fixture instead. To do this I need to remove the
existing metal switch box and replace it with a plastic "old work"
switch box.

What is the easiest way to remove the old metal switch box doing as
little damage to the wall as possible? So far I have tried cutting the
box out with a saber saw, but have not found a blade that will do it.
How would an electrician do this job?

Cut thru the nails using a SawsAll with a thin bimetal blade?

Bob