Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
BobS

Default Fein MultiMaster question: (Lew?)

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I cross-posted it as I look for my favourite experts in both groups.
I'll never do it again... promise.

I have been asked to re and re an eight-foot T&G board
(pine/spruce/hart-to-tell) from in behind some serious crown-moulding.
The board is 10" wide 1-by. It is split vertically, hence the
home-owners desire to replace it with a board salvaged from another part
of the house. Removing the old board, up-to where it goes behind the
crown-moulding isn't a problem... getting the rest out from behind the
moulding, (a combination wood-trim and plaster 6" 45-degree spring angle
contraption), is daunting. The proverbial can-o-worms is just waiting
for me there.
snipe....

Another approach to consider and one I've used on my niece's house rehab. I
used a Makita right angle drill and a couple of cheap 3/4" Forstner bits to
drill out the depth I needed behind some trim when I was installing the
French door set I made. You would need 1" bits.

I was going to just use a chisel and chop out the waste (like making a
mortise) but then I realized I brought that drill with me and the "cheapo"
bits. I did hit some trim nails and it did ruin the bits but a hand-held
hacksaw blade made short work of them.

Bob S.