Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank

Default Wireless phone jack

I wasn't sure if it actually uses the AC wiring or just plugs into the
wall to power RAF. There's really no commonality in the wiring unless
we go back to the transformer.

mm, I bet you're right. I use a cell phone out there now, but I forget
to take it with me -- often. I just didn't run a phone to it when I
built the building because of the difficulty of burying the wire.

Pipedown, there is no AC between the house and the building. We have
two power meters. One was for a mobil home my mother lived in prior to
her death, and we kept the service when we pulled the mobil home out.
There's now a greenhouse and shop on that meter by themselves.

I'm obviously trying to get this done as economically as possible.
Overhead might be doable. I could probably hang it from the corner of
the house to the corner of the shop. I just really didn't want another
wire hanging across the yard.

I appreciate all the comments. I guess I'll rule out the inexpensive
wireless jacks.